About the Recipe
Hello Flappd Canada and Allergy Blog community!
We've got something special for all the dads and kids looking to whip up a quick, allergy-friendly after-school snack. This is also a good option for when your kids' friends visit unannounced.
Introducing the No Bake Peanut and Tree Nut Free Treat, your go-to quick-fix snack that requires zero baking and is peanut and tree nut free (based on the manufacturers' claims on ingredient labels).
The recipe takes less than 5 minutes (plus optional chilling) and is perfect for those afternoons when mom's out and the kids are home from school.
Sure, you could always opt for that boring sandwich, but this treat is guaranteed to delight both the eyes and taste buds of those hungry kids.
Let's get started!
We will only be using three ingredients:
- Allergy-friendly cookies (1 to 5 cookies per person)
- Allergy-friendly butter or spread (1 Tbsp per cookie), and
- Allergy-friendly sprinkles (As desired per cookie).
Given the context here is peanut and tree nuts free snacks, we will ensure that all the products suggested are peanut and tree nuts free.
Specific products and their details are shared at the end for your convenience and dietary preferences. Feel free to substitute based on your allergy and intolerance needs.
Unless otherwise specified, the manufacturing practices of some of these manufacturers have not been independently verified by Flappd Canada.
You can always find more verified allergy-friendly products at Flappd Canada.
- Preparation: Lay a sheet of parchment paper on a plate or tray and place your Allergy Friendly Cookie on it. We chose FreeYum Double Chocolate Soft Baked Cookie—because let's face it, kids just love chocolate!
- Spread the butter: With a butter knife, spread about 1 tbsp of Wowbutter Creamy Spread smoothly over each cookie.
- Sprinkle Away: Now comes the fun part! Let the kids go wild, sprinkling allergy-friendly sprinkles over the layer of Wowbutter.
- Chill or Serve: If you like your treats a bit more set, pop the plate in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes. Otherwise, feel free to enjoy it immediately. For those kids who prefer to enjoy more of the chocolate taste than sugar, freezing would be a better option.
- Enjoy: There you have it! A simple, allergy-friendly treat that's ready to eat.
So the next time you’re in charge of after-school snacks, remember this No Bake Peanut and Tree Nut Free Treat. It’s so easy that both dad and the kids can make it, and it’s safe for those with peanut and tree nut allergies.
Don't forget to share your creations using the hashtag #FlappdCanada, and we'd love to hear your thoughts in the reviews!
Stay tuned for more allergy-friendly recipes, tips, and product recommendations from Flappd Canada!
- Why We Chose It: We opted for this spread because of its irresistibly creamy texture. It offers a source of healthy fats without any nuts! Plus, we felt the creamy version paired well with sprinkles, which add their own crunch. Additionally, Wowbutter's manufacturing practices are allergy-friendly and have been verified by Flappd Canada.
- Free From: Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat & Triticale, Gluten, Dairy, Egg, Sesame, Fish, Crustaceans, Molluscs, Mustard, Sulphites.
- Certifications: Kosher, Non GMO, Halal
- Claims: Number 1 Rated Complete Plant Protein, PDCAAS Quality score 80 to 200% higher than peanut, sunflower, and almond butters, Contains Omega 3 Oils, RSPO ( Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil) Certified, Safe-for-School.
- Flappd Verification: Verified Allergy-Friendly Manufacturing Practices
FreeYum Double Chocolate Soft Baked Cookies
- Why We Chose It: These cookies provide a delicious base and are free from key priority allergens, making it a worry-free choice for most readers.
- Free From: Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Dairy, Egg, Wheat, Gluten, Soy, Sesame, Sulphites, Seafood
- Certifications: Gluten Free, Non-GMO, Kosher
Twinkle Baker Decor Sprinkles
To add a dash of colour and fun! We chose the small-sized sprinkles as they won't fall off the cookie and make cookies more colourful.
- Why We Chose It: These sprinkles add a dash of colour and fun to the cookies. We picked the small-sized version to ensure they stay put on the cookie and enhance its visual appeal.
- Free From: Peanut, Tree Nuts, Gluten
- Certifications: Kosher
We want to hear from you if you are:
- An allergy-friendly manufacturer with either a GFSI-certified facility or one that follows HACCP-certified practices, and that also has a robust allergen control policy.
- A charity that supports the food allergy and intolerance community.
- A supporter who wishes to submit a correction or feature request.
The allergen-free products listed in the recipe are for informational purposes only and are based on our research as of Sep 7, 2023. Always consult with healthcare providers and read labels before consumption. Unless otherwise specified, we are not endorsed by or affiliated with any brands mentioned, and cannot guarantee complete allergen-free safety.